Friday, August 01, 2008

20kg Powder


Can you tell he or she? It's also really interesting how people form their first impression on people. Deborah Hill Cone commented in last week's Business Herald that even since Mike Hosking "lost half of his weight" he looks as though he is sleeping rough under Grafton Bridge..

Somethings are ingrained in the primitive psyche, fat = affluent.

On affluent, I think I would have been considerably better off financially then I'm now, if I didn't spend sooo much money on food (this year is the first year I'll miss the Food Show), books (that I never had a chance to read, and I was very upset when Borders decided to close at 10pm during weekdays rather than midnight), and all sort of other things. I pride myself on not having any "bad" habits, I mean, afterall, I'm not into labels, brands, sports car...

Thanks to my folks, who insisted on me getting a mortgage since a few years ago. But even still I really didn't see the need to save up. I was lucky, spoiled.
It's not until now, at the rather non-tender age of 30, that got myself a dedicated savings account.. but then again, I'm probably better off trying to pay off the mortgage first..

Life just gets more complicated.

Anyway, one never learn from lessons of others. Tough, really.

No comments: