Wednesday, October 12, 2016

10 years of blogging


Tomorrow this blog will be 10 years old. I started the blog when I came back from my trip to Argentina. I got myself a decent digital camera (Panasonic LX1) and this blog is to be a place where I will post some of my "creative works".

10 years on, I only changed my camera once! A few years ago I bought a Pentax K30 and am still happily using it. There are of course better ones out there, and indeed, the auto-focus on the Pentax is really a bit sub-par compared to the newer offerings.

Within a few months of writing this blog I met my wife, got married 3 years afterwards and yesterday Jonathan just turned 3, Elisha is just shy of 1.5 years old. I can't imagine, in another 10 years, J will be 13 and E will be 11.5!

What will the internet look like then? I have to say it's pretty amazing that this blogging platform has changed relatively little over all these years and still going strong.

The topical issue for the moment is Donald vs Clinton for the next American presidency. How will I feel when I look back in 10 years time?

No comments: