Tuesday, February 21, 2017

Family Home


My parents sold their house in Remuera today. They lived there from 1991 till now, a total of 26 years. Arguably the longest time my dad has stayed in any one place. It was our first and only home in NZ. It was renovated before we moved in, then again just before 2000.

I'm not the most sentimental one in the family, but still, it was still a bit sad. I lived at home till I was married in 2009, a good 20 odd years of my life was spent in that house; secondary school, college, medical school, and, as a busy junior doctor. Heaps of memories, numerous parties, including my 21st parties, of course.

My parents are more then ready to move on, however. The house, with 5 rooms, is now truely too big for them. My parents were in their early 40s, grandma, my sister (4), and me (13) when we moved in. Now, Margaret is working in HK, I'm in Melbourne, and, we lost grandma around 2005. I will be turning 40 myself soon!

The house is ready for a new owner, a young family, like ours, back in the days.

1 comment:

danidagirl said...

oh you made it sound so sad... I can truly see why you would be so sentimental.. I can't believe how fast time goes.. I can't believe your parents were in their 40s when they first moved.. how young they were.. just like us.. i don't think we will ever get old but I guess it's not true.. =(