Tuesday, September 12, 2017

Are you OK




I wouldn't go so far to say my experience lately has challenged my sense of mortality, yet, reading an article from Stuff today really gave me a shock.

It was about the rebuilt of Christchurch's Cathedral. Apparently Jim Anderton has been a fierce supporter of a rebuilt. Jim Anderton - a name that was so familiar to me, yet looking at his photo on the website, I struggled to remember who he is.

When it reads... "former deputy PM under Helen Clarke.." OH my GOSH. Of course, the "Progressive party", the only other "one man" party apart from Peter Dunn's United (Peter is not contesting in the general election in 2 weeks.., finally retiring as well). 

So what was the shock? Well, how old does he look in the photo compared to when he was younger? The article went on to say he hasn't been "well" for a while, yes, it appears so indeed.

It's sad, to see how these "giants" back in those days are now so frail. It saddens me. Recently, my dad had the most terrible cough - I was concerned enough to get him an urgent CT chest. It only showed a bit of pneumonia. It brings me to the RUOK day - do ask your loved ones RUOK often.

No comments: